The Atlantic was born today, and I'll tell you how.
court;
daphne;
elizabeth;
gwen;
jessica;
lizzi;
mao;
mars;
maxine;
meichun;
natalie;
nianci;
shimin;
October 2004
November 2004
February 2005
March 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
August 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
May 2013
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Yknow how I blogged in the previous post about how I feel purposeless and useless in life now that everyone's gotten a job except for me? Yeah well the real reason I haven't really bothered about jobs is cos I don't wanna get one just for the sake of earning money. Which is what everyone seems to be doing, and why most people are working in F&B places. Yes I'm one of those idealistic people who will only look for jobs that I'll love doing, ie. working in a museum or a music store or a book store. I'm not gonna do it for the money, or just so that I can keep myself occupied in this 8-month long break cos I think I can pretty much do that by reading or watching TV/movies or exploring Singapore everyday. It's why I wanna do Anthro and History, despite the poor career prospects people have been warning me about. I'm not a realistic person who thinks about money issues, and I don't think I ever will be until I'm in my 30s, jobless and unable to pay for a home and daily necessities. It's why, during ordinary school days, whenever people started talking about being lawyers or having whatever professional high-paying occupation, wanting to earn $30K a month, I'd freak out. Because I'm just never gonna be that ambitious, or have that garang lawyer/banker/business-woman streak in me. Which is kinda sad when we live in a garang society, and everyone around me seems to be that cut-copy version of a garang, pragmatic, money-concerned Singaporean, and I'm the only one who still believes in ideals and in doing what I love. Remember the post a while back ago on how we met our History teachers for lunch as A's were ending, and Mr Goh was giving all of us a lift back home? During that drive, when only Ho Kit and I were left in Mr Goh's car, I asked Mr Goh what he was gonna do during the school hols and he asked me back if I was gonna start working. I said something about how I just wanted to chill after everything I'd been through the past 2 years, ie. jc and A Levels. And then Ho Kit and Mr Goh went all judge-y on me and decided among themselves that I was one of those girls who needed to be a tai-tai. But anyway my point is that even before A's ended and everyone got jobs and made me start thinking about getting one myself, I already knew that I was never gonna get a job just for money. It's who I am, and I could never change right? Whatever happened to people who believed in living life to the fullest, doing things we love and not giving a shit about others???? It sucks that I'm the only one left in this pragmatic world who still believes in ideals over the realities of life.
Anyway, with all that said, I am now starting to contemplate looking for a job just to have an excuse to get away from the house. Because now that I'm home everyday, my parents start blaming me for not clearing up the house or washing stuff or whatever household chore which I've never in my life done before and was never taught/told to do before. I mean, WHAT UP, now that I'm done with school I'm supposed to automatically become an adult and do adult things? It's like a parent bringing a 5-year-old kid to the pool and suddenly throwing this kid into the pool without warning and expecting the kid to automatically float. But anyway, the point of being an adult, how do you know when you're one? When are you expected to become one? With everyone suddenly rushing to take up jobs too, whyyyyyyyyy? Why do 18-year-olds, fresh from jc waiting to enter uni, suddenly take on adult roles of getting jobs and earning money, instead of seeing this time as a long school break between jc and uni? People, when they grow up, how do they decide that they wanna marry, move out and start their own family? It's crazy, where life goes. And I have no fucking idea what I'm gonna do with my life at this stage, let alone in the future. At this point, I just hafta say again how much I miss the comforts of school and the education system telling me what to do and where to go.
Since the last time I blogged, I've finished reading Kazuo Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans, which is the latest book to be added to my list of favourite books. Yay I like getting new books, reading them then adding them to my list of favourite books (like on FB hahaha)! I'm also starting to contemplate going to church on weekdays, if I'm not out gallivanting. Perhaps it's good to find a spiritual side in me. Maybe I could also start exploring other churches in Singapore, whether Catholic or not. Because churches are beautiful places aren't they, with different architecture and architectural influences? Yknow how in UK, some gigs are held at churches? Like how Laura Marling had a UK church tour? I wish I could go for one some day. Anyway I realised that I really love looking at architecture. Not of ordinary buildings, but old buildings. Of say, museums and shophouses and churches and temples. That's why I like exploring Chinatown, that's why I like traveling, that's why I want so badly to run away to Europe, where it's filled with old buildings and charming architecture. I wanna travel, I just wanna travel.
So, 2012 has been really shitty so far. Plans to find myself and to explore the world are non-existent. I think 2012's only gonna get worse from here. I should really pray and find my spiritual side. Also, a part of me wishes that the Mayans' prediction would come true :(
Anyway, with all that said, I am now starting to contemplate looking for a job just to have an excuse to get away from the house. Because now that I'm home everyday, my parents start blaming me for not clearing up the house or washing stuff or whatever household chore which I've never in my life done before and was never taught/told to do before. I mean, WHAT UP, now that I'm done with school I'm supposed to automatically become an adult and do adult things? It's like a parent bringing a 5-year-old kid to the pool and suddenly throwing this kid into the pool without warning and expecting the kid to automatically float. But anyway, the point of being an adult, how do you know when you're one? When are you expected to become one? With everyone suddenly rushing to take up jobs too, whyyyyyyyyy? Why do 18-year-olds, fresh from jc waiting to enter uni, suddenly take on adult roles of getting jobs and earning money, instead of seeing this time as a long school break between jc and uni? People, when they grow up, how do they decide that they wanna marry, move out and start their own family? It's crazy, where life goes. And I have no fucking idea what I'm gonna do with my life at this stage, let alone in the future. At this point, I just hafta say again how much I miss the comforts of school and the education system telling me what to do and where to go.
Since the last time I blogged, I've finished reading Kazuo Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans, which is the latest book to be added to my list of favourite books. Yay I like getting new books, reading them then adding them to my list of favourite books (like on FB hahaha)! I'm also starting to contemplate going to church on weekdays, if I'm not out gallivanting. Perhaps it's good to find a spiritual side in me. Maybe I could also start exploring other churches in Singapore, whether Catholic or not. Because churches are beautiful places aren't they, with different architecture and architectural influences? Yknow how in UK, some gigs are held at churches? Like how Laura Marling had a UK church tour? I wish I could go for one some day. Anyway I realised that I really love looking at architecture. Not of ordinary buildings, but old buildings. Of say, museums and shophouses and churches and temples. That's why I like exploring Chinatown, that's why I like traveling, that's why I want so badly to run away to Europe, where it's filled with old buildings and charming architecture. I wanna travel, I just wanna travel.
So, 2012 has been really shitty so far. Plans to find myself and to explore the world are non-existent. I think 2012's only gonna get worse from here. I should really pray and find my spiritual side. Also, a part of me wishes that the Mayans' prediction would come true :(
12:39 AM;